Life Coaching - Miami, FL
Coaching is a good fit for individuals who are not experiencing acute psychological distress or need behavior modification strategies. Coaching is an approach to wellness that helps you focus on defining your goals, and helps utilize your skills. It incorporates your strengths to formulate a plan that provides structure and helps you achieve your objectives. It’s great for those who are focused on prevention and maximizing their current emotional health. Coaching provides you with structure, support, and encouragement. Furthermore, it helps you explore your inner life using efficient and helpful ways to navigate through concerns.
Life coaching sessions can be a great experience. The first session includes an in-depth discussion about your goals, strengths, and struggles. During this session Dr. Carolina Raeburn, begins to understand your situation and helps determine the best way to help you accomplish your goals. All coaching sessions are bespoke and focus on what you need as a client, whether that’s integrating stress management techniques or formulating specific plans, the focus is on you and getting you to where you want to be.
What differentiates coaching from Therapy
While both therapy and coaching help people reach their goals and objectives, they are not the same. Therapy is known as a tool that helps people overcome depression, anxiety, addiction, and other mental health concerns. It's based on empirical problem-solving techniques and helps us establish improved emotional wellness. Coaching on the other hand, does not focus on psychological disorders like anxiety or depression. Coaching focuses on non-complicated, specific concerns that do not have a psychological underpinning.
Common reasons why people seek coaching sessions:
People seek the help of coaches for many reasons—These are a few:
- To overcome non-complex circumstances
- To attain clarity and support.
- To feel “unstuck”.
- To decrease overwhelm.
- To adopt stress management strategies
- To make a life change.
- To build a new habit.
- Because they feel they are not meeting their career goals.
- Because they feel they are failing to meet relationship goals.
- To increase self-confidence and self-esteem
- For accountability purposes.
- To optimize their strengths.
- To improve work performance.
- To enhance your life.
- To discover or help set new goals.
- To develop their ideal future self
Benefits of coaching
Coaching can be very beneficial. It can help us understand our motivations and drives, set goals, attain clarity, and perspective. These are some benefits that people have found through coaching:
- Sets structure in your life.
- Optimizes daily functioning.
- Optimizes Peak performance.
- Helps you gain clarity around the issues you are experiencing.
- Helps you benefit from a professional sounding board in your corner.
- Helps you move from “stuck” to “unstuck”.
- Reduce feelings of overwhelm.
- Provides support and encouragement.
- Helps you focus on your goals.
- Helps with goal setting and planning
- Helps you maximize your emotional health.
- Provides accountability.
- Provides strategies to manage stress.
Dr. Carolina Raeburn, is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who also provides Life Coaching, Performance Coaching and Corporate Consultations that offers you the opportunity to maximize your strengths and focus on your specific objectives. She provides coaching to individuals who have focused and direct concerns that do not require psychotherapy. Services include but are not limited to:
- Transitioning into college
- Preparing for a gap year
- Interpersonal skills
- Dealing with an abrupt change in life
- Life transitions
- Relationship concerns
- Divorce transitioning/ self-rediscovery
- Communication strategies
- Self actualization
- Peak performance for athletes
- Peak performance for executives
- Visualization strategies
- Hypnosis for sports
- Stress management techniques
- Interview preparation
- Stress reduction and management
- Improved communication skilled
- Enhanced management strategies
- Organization skills
- Transitioning into retirement
How long does life coaching take?
The total length of a traditional life coaching session is 50 minutes. The number of sessions life coaching may take depends on the individual and their goals. Some people may have very short-term, specific goals like preparing for an interview or a presentation in 3 weeks, while others may have goals that require a bit more time, like exploring self discovery or actualization. The number of sessions will be determined between you and your life coach, Dr. Carolina Raeburn.
Of note, Dr. Raeburn, also offers concierge coaching which can be discussed during your initial session.
Why choose a psychologist for professional coaching?
Dr. Carolina Raeburn is an expert in human behavior that provides her coaching clients with a valuable edge. In comparison to all other professions, psychologists and other mental health professionals are some of the best prepared individuals to offer professional coaching services. A psychologist or therapist has gone through many years of study and training to understand the human psyche. This level of education helps them understand people through a different lens.
It is important to keep in mind that anybody can call themselves a “coach” because there isn’t a governing body that regulates life coaches or any other type of coaching. Hence, choosing somebody with a background in emotional wellbeing is beneficial. While there are organizations that offer coaching certifications like the International Coach Federation (IFC), therapists have significantly more training to help clients reach their goals. Furthermore, when choosing between a coach who has a background in mental health vs. a certification in coaching, keep in mind that a person with a mental health background will be able to identify if there are any underlying psychological concerns that may be affecting your life or functioning. It provides a more gestalt approach to your coaching.
Click here to request a complimentary 15-minute consultation: