FAQs About My Psychology Services
What services do you offer?
Dr. Raeburn offers concierge psychology and traditional psychology, concierge coaching, traditional coaching, consultation, and psychological testing.
She works with executives, professionals, celebrities, pro athletes, politicians, elite members of society, entrepreneurs, and business owners.
Do you offer telehealth / online sessions?
Yes, Due to COVID-19, our platform has changed, and it has changed the way we provide therapy. Currently, all of our sessions are online. Dr. Raeburn meets with you virtually through a HIPAA compliant video platform. It allows for virtual face-to-face communication and provides an authentic interaction, which is quite similar to 1:1 in-person sessions. Video sessions enable Dr. Raeburn to consider your facial expressions and body language, as she'd normally do during in-person sessions. It also enables you to see and engage with your therapist, which allows for open conversation. Our platform works on desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.
What are the benefits of telehealth / online sessions?
- People can have sessions in the comfort of their own home.
- Save time
- Through virtual therapy, you avoid long drives or getting stuck in traffic.
- Save money
- Since you don't have to drive anywhere for online therapy, gas, tolls, parking, and extra meal expenses are no longer an issue.
- It makes psychotherapy available to all Florida Residents
- If you are in another city, telehealth removes distance as an obstacle.
- It makes coaching and consultation services available nationwide and internationally
What makes concierge services different from traditional services?
Concierge services and VIP Concierge Psychology is a unique therapy model that is discreet, confidential, and the perfect option for those whose lifestyle does not allow them to seek traditional psychological treatment or consultation.
Concierge services are the perfect option if you are looking for exclusive service and a personalized approach to treatment or coaching.
Concierge services provide:
- Psychological services that fit your schedule
- Priority Scheduling
- Scheduling considerations within 24 hours
- Weekends and Peak times are prioritized for Concierge clients (7:00am – 9:00am & 4:00pm – 6:00pm)
- Video conferencing sessions or telehealth options
- Flexible, individualized treatment
- Clients can communicate directly with Dr. Raeburn via their own personalized, secure client portal, text, phone call, voicemail, or email -including evenings and weekends, and expect a prompt response (30 min -3 hours)
- Direct 24/7 access to Dr. Raeburn
- Extended session times - full 60 minutes
- When needed, concierge clients may have an additional 10 minute grace period added to their session.
- Availability between sessions if additional care is requested
- Scheduling within 48 hours via secure HIPPA Compliant video conferencing, Tele-services, or HIPPA compliant direct messaging
- Concierge clients are limited, allowing Dr. Raeburn to focus on quality over quantity, personalized service, and direct accessibility.
Why do you limit your number of concierge clients?
I limit the number of concierge clients to focus on quality over quantity. Having a limited amount of concierge clients allows me to delve deeply and focus on what's important: you.
Traditional Online Therapy:
I am interested in Traditional Online Therapy. How does that work?
If you're interested in working with me but do not want concierge services at this time, due to financial reasons or otherwise, traditional online therapy may be for you. These are telehealth sessions that last 50 minutes, where the focus is on you.
Of note, this option does not include the added perks and benefits of the concierge programs.
- Traditional Online Therapy is 50 minutes in length (it does not provide a grace period)
- The primary method of communication is through your secure online portal.
What therapy Modalities do you offer?
All sessions are geared towards you and your needs. These are some modalities that may be included in your sessions if they fit your needs:
- Reality therapy
- Self-actualization sessions
- Interpersonal skills
- Pain management
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress reduction
- Stress management
- Family enrichment
- Family sessions
- Couples therapy
- Mindfulness meditation
- Guided imagery
- Expressive art (collage, drawing, painting, poetry, etc.)
What is the difference between Coaching and Therapy?
- Coaching focuses more on problem-solving and action steps.
- It does not address underlying psychological problems that may be contributing to ongoing struggles.
- It may be more financially accessible due to its short-term, time-bound nature (fewer sessions).
- It provides you the option to address issues within one intensive 3-hour session or throughout many 1-hour sessions.
- Coaching may include performance coaching, executive coaching, etc.
- Therapy combines reflection, exploration, problem-solving, insight, awareness, and action.
- Geared towards complex issues that may touch upon many topics.
- Addresses deep, complex, underlying themes to assist with long-lasting change
- It is a process that focuses on growth, insight, and improving your quality of life.
Consultations are beneficial for those with time-bound, less complicated concerns that do not address deep psychological issues. The client and therapist determine the frequency of sessions.
Consultations fit individuals who have direct and focused concerns that do not require deep dives into issues, psychological treatment, or maladaptive behavior change. Consultation is more geared towards problem-solving- similar to coaching.
I am interested in therapy sessions and live in Florida. Would my location within Florida matter?
Dr. Raeburn can provide therapy sessions to all residents of Florida.
I am interested in therapy sessions and live outside of Florida. Could I still receive therapy?
No, Dr. Raeburn only provides therapy to those who reside in Florida.
I'm interested in coaching but reside outside of Florida. Can I work with you?
Yes, we do coaching and consultations for those living outside of Florida and internationally. However, there are states where Dr. Raeburn may not be able to do coaching because some states view coaching under the umbrella of psychology, such as Colorado.
Does Your Practice Take Insurance?
As a self-pay practice, we do not accept insurance. I am not an in-network provider with any insurance, nor do I work directly with insurance companies. If you are an individual with a PPO plan, I can provide you (the client) with a superbill upon request. The client can use the superbill to apply for reimbursement from the insurance company. However, there is no guarantee that your insurance will reimburse you for your treatment. Full disclosure – I find it essential to let you know that Insurance companies require a formal diagnosis to apply for reimbursement. Moreover, your insurance company may ask for your therapy records. Since the majority of my clients desire the highest level of privacy, this is usually undesirable.
Why don't you accept insurance?
I find that sometimes people go through arduous periods in their life and seek support but don't meet the criteria for a formal diagnosis. Furthermore, there may have been a time when an individual briefly met the criteria for a mental disorder but generally does not meet the criteria. However, to be able to use your insurance, your therapist has to provide a diagnosis. Moreover, insurance companies may request to view therapy records. The diagnosis would stay in your insurance records your entire life without the possibility to amend or change it, even after the circumstances in your life have improved. Self-pay provides and allows the provision of services without the restrictions of insurance regulations, insurance adjusters, or their third-party adjusting agencies. Client confidentiality and discretion are of the utmost importance to me.
What about taking Insurance for neuropsychology evaluations?
As a self-pay private practice, we do not accept insurance. However, if your insurance accepts out-of-network providers, you may receive a substantial reimbursement from your insurance company if you have met your out-of-network deductible. We'll be glad to supply you with a superbill that you can submit to your insurance to apply for reimbursements. Please refer to the fees and rates page for sample questions you can ask your insurance provider.
What can I expect in a neuropsychological evaluation?
A neuropsychological evaluation includes many different parts. We will begin with an in-depth clinical interview about your history and background. The next step involves the assessment process, which is testing. It may include a computerized test, hands-on activities, and answering questions.
Is Neuropsychological testing part of the concierge programs?
No, these are two different services. Neuropsychology is a stand-alone service for individuals with traumatic brain injuries. Neuropsychology services may be provided by Dr. Raeburn or a neuropsychology team member. However, all testing is reviewed and supervised by Dr. Raeburn.
If Dr. Raeburn is not doing my neuropsychology testing, then who is?
When Dr. Raeburn is not available to do testing, you may be seen by an individual in her neuropsychology team: either trained psychometricians or other neuropsychologists.
Do you offer home sessions for neuropsychological testing?
Neuropsychological testing is reserved for in-office sessions.
When can I expect the results of my neuropsychological evaluation?
1 to 3 weeks
How long is a neuropsychological testing session?
The initial consultation usually takes about 1 to 2 hours, and testing may take anywhere from 4 to 8+ hours, depending on the case and patient.
Should I bring anything to my testing session?
Yes, if you wear reading glasses or hearing aids, it is essential to bring them. Moreover, please bring a list of your medications and medical records and a snack. Additionally, it is necessary to get sufficient sleep the night before the evaluation.
What will the results of the neuropsychological assessment tell me?
Testing will let you understand your cognitive strengths and weaknesses and understand the integrity of your brain. Testing can also provide information about your cognitive, emotional, or motor dysfunction. , rehabilitation, intervention strategies, and compensation strategies.
Do you offer a sliding scale?
I do not offer a sliding scale.
Book Title 1
This is the description laskjdf lkasjf lkasjf lkasjf lkasj flkasj flksa jflkas jflask jlskf aslk fjaskl fjask jfksaj fksaj fsla jska jfksajd f.
Book Title 2
This is the description alsdjf klsajf aslkjf aslk fjaslk fjsalk fjsalk fjsal kfjasl fkjsa lfksaj flksaj flsak fjslakf jslkf jskfdjkd.
I want to personally say, "Thank You!" for visiting my website.
Message goes here. asdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl f asdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl f
asdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl asdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl ff
asdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl f
asdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl fasdf jaskdf jaslkf lskafj salkf jaslkf jaslk daskl f
Dr. Carolina Raeburn