FAQs About My Psychology Services
Dr. Raeburn offers concierge therapy. Concierge therapy is ideal for people seeking an exclusive, flexible, and top-notch personalized approach to psychotherapy.
No. Currently, we only offer services to individuals in Florida.
As a Florida Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Dr. Raeburn can only provide therapy services to Florida Residents. However, keep an eye out we are looking to expand in the coming months
Dr. Raeburn can provide online therapy and coaching to all Florida residents. Your location in
Florida does not matter if you are interested in online sessions.
However, If you are interested in in-person sessions, there may be some limitation based on
Since Dr. Raeburn may offer in-person sessions at a client’s home or office, in-person sessions
are limited to clients who reside in Miami or surrounding areas.
Miami Municipalities which may include in-person sessions are:
- Coral Gables
- Coconut Grove
- South Miami, Brickell
- Key Biscayne
- West Kendall
Of note, Dr. Raeburn may offer in-person sessions outside of these municipalities but it may be
considered long-distance travel.
*Travel fees apply
- People can have sessions in the comfort of their own home and feel secure using a HIPPA-compliant online platform.
- Through virtual therapy, you avoid long drives or getting stuck in traffic.
- Since you don't have to drive anywhere for online therapy, gas, tolls, parking, and extra meal expenses are no longer an issue.
It makes psychotherapy available to all Florida Residents.
- If you are in another city, telehealth removes distance as an obstacle.
Yes they are! The security of your sessions, online account, and electronic Patient Health Information (ePHI) is of utmost importance. The online platform we use for telehealth and your client portal exceeds the standard security and privacy requirements to protect your data:
- Account information is always transmitted securely through multiple layers of encryption.
- The passwords you set up are encrypted and only accessible to you.
- Our platform servers are housed in a secure facility and protected by biometric scanners, proximity readers, and 24/7 security guards.
- Our platform provides bank-level security.
- The platform received the VeriSign security seal.
- The platform runs thousands of tests to ensure security.
- Our platform is HITRUST certified, which is the gold standard for security certifications in healthcare, incorporating the entirety of controls required by PCI, HIPAA, NIST CSF, ISO 27002, and ISO 27001.
The first session is always an intake session. The Intake session is a more formal session where Dr. Raeburn will ask standard questions and collect background information to better understand the nature of your presenting problem/concern. It will allow you to get to know each other to start building a therapeutic relationship. She will also review the therapeutic process, structure, policies, and procedures.
Towards the end of the session, she will provide recommendations and explain scheduling.
As a self-pay practice, we do not accept insurance. I am not an in-network provider with any insurance, nor do I work directly with insurance companies. If you are an individual with a PPO plan, I can provide you (the client) with a superbill upon request. The client can use the superbill to apply for reimbursement from the insurance company. However, there is no guarantee that your insurance will reimburse you for your treatment. Full disclosure – I find it essential to let you know that Insurance companies require a formal diagnosis to apply for reimbursement. Moreover, your insurance company may ask for your therapy records. Since the majority of my clients desire the highest level of privacy, this is usually undesirable.
I find that sometimes people go through arduous periods in their life and seek support but don't meet the criteria for a formal diagnosis. Furthermore, there may have been a time when an individual briefly met the criteria for a mental disorder but generally does not meet the criteria. However, to be able to use your insurance, your therapist has to provide a diagnosis. Moreover, insurance companies may request to view therapy records. The diagnosis would stay in your insurance records your entire life without the possibility to amend or change it, even after the circumstances in your life have improved. Self-pay provides and allows the provision of services without the restrictions of insurance regulations, insurance adjusters, or their third-party adjusting agencies. Client confidentiality and discretion are of the utmost importance to me.
Yes, we do. If you chose to purchase eight (8) hours or more per month, you will receive a 5% discount.
Cases where individuals may choose to have 8+ hours per month include if a client:
• Chooses to have 2 sessions per week, per month.
• Chooses to have 2-hour long sessions, once a week.
• Attends weekly sessions and would like additional intensives or retreat-style sessions
• Requests a surgery companion to help client cope with pre or post surgery emotions.
Monthly Packages for Individuals:
$3,040 per month – up to 8 hours of Concierge services per month
$4,560 per month – up to 12 hours of Concierge services per month
$9,120 per month – up to 24 hours of Concierge services per month
$13,680 per month – up to 36 hours of Concierge services per month
Monthly Packages for Couples:
$3,800 per month – up to 8 hours of Concierge services per month
$5,700 per month – up to 12 hours of Concierge services per month
$11,400 per month – up to 24 hours of Concierge services per month
$17,100 per month – up to 36 hours of Concierge services per month
Three (3) and six (6) month contracts are also available - please speak with Dr. Raeburn to discuss your customized plan.
Of note, packages are paid upfront and in-full
If you cannot keep your scheduled appointment, you must notify our office to cancel or reschedule the appointment before 24 hours of the scheduled appointment time.
If you have a late cancellation or no-show, you will be charged 50% of the total amount of the session the first time and 100% (the total amount of the session) thereafter.
Of note, a no-show is when a patient misses an appointment without canceling. If a patient is 15 minutes past their scheduled time, the session will become a missed session, which will be considered a no-show.
We understand that unexpected events can occur; if you need to reschedule an appointment, you can do so through your secure client portal or directly with Dr. Raeburn.
A late cancellation will be subject to a fee. To avoid the fee, please make sure to cancel your appointment before 24 hours of your scheduled appointment time.
You may cancel an appointment in the following ways:
- 48 hours before your appointment, you will receive a reminder via text with a confirmation link - you may either confirm or cancel your appointment through his link at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment
- You may inform Dr. Raeburn through your secure client messaging portal at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
- You may call or email our office at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.