FAQs About My Psychology Services
No. Currently we only offer services to individuals in Florida.
As a Florida Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Dr. Raeburn can only provide therapy and coaching services to Florida Residents. However, keep an eye out we are looking to expand in the coming months
Dr. Raeburn can provide online therapy and coaching to all Florida residents. Your location in
Florida does not matter if you are interested in online sessions.
However, If you are interested in in-person sessions, there may be some limitation based on
Since Dr. Raeburn may offer in-person sessions at a client’s home or office, in-person sessions
are limited to clients who reside in Miami or surrounding areas.
Miami Municipalities which may include in-person sessions are:
- Coral Gables
- Coconut Grove
- South Miami, Brickell
- Key Biscayne
- West Kendall
Of note, Dr. Raeburn may offer in-person sessions outside of these municipalities but it may be
considered long-distance travel.
*Travel fees apply
Yes, Dr. Raeburn provides online sessions for both online sessions for psychotherapy and coaching. You may select either online or in-person sessions. However, the first couple of sessions will always be held online until a therapeutic rapport is established.
Dr. Raeburn meets with you virtually through a HIPAA-compliant video platform. It allows for virtual face-to-face communication and provides an authentic interaction, which is quite similar to 1:1 in-person sessions. Video sessions enable Dr. Raeburn to consider your facial expressions and body language, as she'd normally do during in-person sessions. It also allows you to see and engage with your therapist, which allows for open conversation. Our platform works on desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.
In addition to virtual visits, Dr. Raeburn offers in-person sessions to clients in Miami and surrounding areas. Sessions may be held at your home, your office, or other agreed upon locations.
- People can have sessions in the comfort of their own home and feel secure using a HIPPA-compliant online platform.
- Through virtual therapy, you avoid long drives or getting stuck in traffic.
- Since you don't have to drive anywhere for online therapy, gas, tolls, parking, and extra meal expenses are no longer an issue.
It makes psychotherapy available to all Florida Residents.
- If you are in another city, telehealth removes distance as an obstacle.
Yes they are! The security of your sessions, online account, and electronic Patient Health Information (ePHI) is of utmost importance. The online platform we use for telehealth and your client portal exceeds the standard security and privacy requirements to protect your data:
- Account information is always transmitted securely through multiple layers of encryption.
- The passwords you set up are encrypted and only accessible to you.
- Our platform servers are housed in a secure facility and protected by biometric scanners, proximity readers, and 24/7 security guards.
- Our platform provides bank-level security.
- The platform received the VeriSign security seal.
- The platform runs thousands of tests to ensure security.
- Our platform is HITRUST certified, which is the gold standard for security certifications in healthcare, incorporating the entirety of controls required by PCI, HIPAA, NIST CSF, ISO 27002, and ISO 27001.
No. The initial session will always be help online via a secure HIPPA-Compliant video platform.
The initial session is an intake session where Dr. Raeburn gathers background information about the client and their concerns. The session allows you and the clinician time to get to know each other and move towards building a therapeutic relationship.
If you wish to move towards in-person sessions Dr. Raeburn will gladly meet with you once a therapeutic relationship has been established.
Your first session with Dr. Raeburn will always be an online session. If you wish to schedule the following in-person sessions, you may do one of the following:
- Book future in-person sessions with Dr. Raeburn at the end of an existing session.
- Book your sessions directly with Dr. Raeburn through email, phone, or secure messaging.
The first session is always an intake session. The Intake session is a more formal session where Dr. Raeburn will ask standard questions and collect background information to better understand the nature of your presenting problem/concern. It will allow you to get to know each other to start building a therapeutic relationship. She will also review the therapeutic process, structure, policies, and procedures.
Towards the end of the session, she will provide recommendations and explain scheduling.
Travel Fees are applicable when a client requests an at-home session. Miami is known for it’s heavy traffic and driving takes a significant amount of time. Dr. Raeburn accounts for 2 hours of travel time when meeting with a client — 1 hour of travel to the destination and another hour to travel from the destination. That way, most eventualities are taken into consideration, such as car accidents, rain, etc., resulting in timely appointments.
Aside from the amount of time it takes to travel in Miami, the fee includes additional expenses such as gas, mileage, tolls, etc.
*For more information about the fees, please visit our Fees and Rates Page
As a self-pay practice, we do not accept insurance. I am not an in-network provider with any insurance, nor do I work directly with insurance companies. If you are an individual with a PPO plan, I can provide you (the client) with a superbill upon request. The client can use the superbill to apply for reimbursement from the insurance company. However, there is no guarantee that your insurance will reimburse you for your treatment. Full disclosure – I find it essential to let you know that Insurance companies require a formal diagnosis to apply for reimbursement. Moreover, your insurance company may ask for your therapy records. Since the majority of my clients desire the highest level of privacy, this is usually undesirable.
I find that sometimes people go through arduous periods in their life and seek support but don't meet the criteria for a formal diagnosis. Furthermore, there may have been a time when an individual briefly met the criteria for a mental disorder but generally does not meet the criteria. However, to be able to use your insurance, your therapist has to provide a diagnosis. Moreover, insurance companies may request to view therapy records. The diagnosis would stay in your insurance records your entire life without the possibility to amend or change it, even after the circumstances in your life have improved. Self-pay provides and allows the provision of services without the restrictions of insurance regulations, insurance adjusters, or their third-party adjusting agencies. Client confidentiality and discretion are of the utmost importance to me.
Yes, we do. If you chose to purchase eight (8) hours or more per month, you will receive a 5% discount.
Cases where individuals may choose to have 8+ hours per month include if a client:
• Chooses to have 2 sessions per week, per month.
• Chooses to have 2-hour long sessions, once a week.
• Attends weekly sessions and would like additional intensives or retreat-style sessions
• Requests a surgery companion to help client cope with pre or post surgery emotions.
Monthly Packages for Individuals:
$3,040 per month – up to 8 hours of Concierge services per month
$4,560 per month – up to 12 hours of Concierge services per month
$9,120 per month – up to 24 hours of Concierge services per month
$13,680 per month – up to 36 hours of Concierge services per month
Monthly Packages for Couples:
$3,800 per month – up to 8 hours of Concierge services per month
$5,700 per month – up to 12 hours of Concierge services per month
$11,400 per month – up to 24 hours of Concierge services per month
$17,100 per month – up to 36 hours of Concierge services per month
Three (3) and six (6) month contracts are also available - please speak with Dr. Raeburn to discuss your customized plan.
Of note, packages are paid upfront and in-full
If you cannot keep your scheduled appointment, you must notify our office to cancel or reschedule the appointment before 24 hours of the scheduled appointment time.
If you have a late cancellation or no-show, you will be charged 50% of the total amount of the session the first time and 100% (the total amount of the session) thereafter.
Of note, a no-show is when a patient misses an appointment without canceling. If a patient is 15 minutes past their scheduled time, the session will become a missed session, which will be considered a no-show.
We understand that unexpected events can occur; if you need to reschedule an appointment, you can do so through your secure client portal or directly with Dr. Raeburn.
A late cancellation will be subject to a fee. To avoid the fee, please make sure to cancel your appointment before 24 hours of your scheduled appointment time.
You may cancel an appointment in the following ways:
- 48 hours before your appointment, you will receive a reminder via text with a confirmation link - you may either confirm or cancel your appointment through his link at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment
- You may inform Dr. Raeburn through your secure client messaging portal at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
- You may call or email our office at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
- Coaching focuses more on problem-solving and action steps.
- It does not address underlying psychological problems that may be contributing to ongoing struggles.
- It may be more financially accessible due to its short-term, time-bound nature (fewer sessions).
- It provides you the option to address issues within one intensive 3-hour session or throughout many 1-hour sessions.
- Coaching may include performance coaching, executive coaching, etc.
- Therapy combines reflection, exploration, problem-solving, insight, awareness, and action.
- Geared towards complex issues that may touch upon many topics.
- Addresses deep, complex, underlying themes to assist with long-lasting change
- It is a process that focuses on growth, insight, and improving your quality of life.
Consultations are beneficial for those with time-bound, less complicated concerns that do not address deep psychological issues. The client and therapist determine the frequency of sessions.
Consultations fit individuals who have direct and focused concerns that do not require deep dives into issues, psychological treatment, or maladaptive behavior change. Consultation is more geared towards problem-solving- similar to coaching.